Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Not just an Aunt anymore...

I'm also a Godmother to our sweet nephew! John and I are just thrilled to be asked to be Marcel's Godparents.

Speaking of him, I've done some layouts recently, starring Marcel:






And, another baby update on OUR baby:



It's now the size of a large lime. He's/She's growing fast! I'm officially done with the first trimester. I thought I was supposed to miraculously feel great, but I don't. I thought I was supposed to get a rush of energy, but I didn't. I'm still completely exhausted, and now I have added to the symptom list: heartburn. Fun.

The baby also now pees. Where does the pee go, you ask? Nowhere! The baby swims in it's urine. The urine is part of the amniotic fluid. And I thought heartburn was bad. I also have a bit of a belly, which people at work enjoy pointing out. I don't look pregnant, I look chubby. So, I really enjoy people telling me that, as you can imagine.

195 days to go!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats on being a Godmother! Your LO's are very cute :)
YOu think you have heartburn now...just wait until the large lime gets big enough to fill up your entire belly. I never had heartburn a day in my life until Emma was 7+ months.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Emily! :)

Anonymous said...

I don't know what heartburn feels like but I sure do know what chubby does. :) Congrats on becoming a Godmother, he's a lucky little man.